Email is the primary mode of communication in the Government and is the backbone for empowering e-Governance. Offering a secure email service to Government officials is one of the major focus areas under the programmes of Digital India. In Feb 2015, the Government issued the “Email policy of the Government” that mandates all Government officials to use only Government Email service for official correspondence. The service needs to be offered to 50 lakhs users in the Government is one of the major objectives under the framework of Digital India program.
The security features offered in the service include geo-fencing, device mapping i.e., Access to service from mapped authorized devices only (phone/desktop/laptop/tablet etc.) using “KAVACH”, anti-phishing, anti-spamming etc. The current service caters to 4.5 crore daily email transactions.
- E-mail Policy of Government of India186.54 KB
- Guidelines for E-mail Account Management and Effective E-mail Usage160.54 KB
- Email Services And Usage Policy150.52 KB
- NIC Policy on format of e-mail Address717.01 KB
- Password Policy138.83 KB
- Security Policy For User177.55 KB