National Centre of Geo-informatics (NCoG) is a Geographic Information System (GIS) based decision support system platform, under National e-Governance Division (NeGD) of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
Project Objectives are:
- Provide a national platform for developing geo-informatics related resources and capabilities in the country.
- Provide applications and solutions to all Governments, Central, State, Local self-governments in the area of geo-informatics.
- Integration of Geo-informatics with Management Information System (MIS) for more value based outcomes and decision making.
- Take up programmes for human resource development in the area of geo-informatics.
- Take up R&D in the area of geo-informatics.
NCoG provides one of its kind of ‘GIS platform’, for sharing and collaborating GIS data source, location based analytics and ‘Decision support system’ serving to Central/State government and departments across the country. Geo-Informatics is integral to planning, decision making & electronic delivery of services, geo-enabling e-governance to facilitate location based information for all.
NCoG has facilitated the integration of GIS platform with the MIS data for Ministries and Departments across India. By enabling a better understanding of the geographic aspects, NCoG via GIS is transforming India and taking good governance to a whole new level.
For more details visit-: https://ncog.gov.in/