एमईआईटीवाई के महत्वपुर्ण क्षेत्र
Objective of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- To make India, a Global Information Technology Super Power and a front-runner in the age of Information revolution.
- To bring the benefits of electronics to every walk of life and to develop the Indian electronics industry as a global player.
- Creation of Wealth
- Employment Generation
- IT led Economic Growth
Thrust Areas of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- To facilitate and catalyze adoption of E-governance packages in the Central and State Governments, as the nodal agency for the implementation of the National E-Governance Action Plan.
- Evolve and implement policy packages to propel growth of electronics and hardware manufacturing
- Increase PC penetration in the country
- Increase utilization of internet in the country
- Growth of domestic software market
- Development of local languages inInformation Technology
- To encourage use of IT to increase productivity
- To explore use of IT as a means of generating employment
- In addition, the Ministry is implementing the following 10 Point Agenda :
- Shall aim at achieving convergence of Information, Communication and Media Technologies. The Department focus would be on PC penetration and thereby bringing Cyber Connectivity to every citizen.
- To bring about transparency in administration and make government functioning more citizen-centric, the Department would stress on expeditious implementation of the National E-governance Plan.
- Broadband Connectivity: Providing broadband connectivity to all, at the most reasonable prices.
- Next Generation Mobile Wireless Technologies: D evelop 4G technology for mobile telephony.
- National Internet Exchange and Indian Domain Name: To promote for enabling reduced bandwidth cost and better security for internet traffic which originates in India and has destination in India .
- Migration to New Internet Protocol IPv6: To provide policy framework and promotional measures in the country to enable network providers to migrate to IPv6.
- Security & Digital Signature: To concentrate on Cyber Infrastructure Protection and to promote the use of Digital Signatures in the financial sector, judiciary and education.
- Digital India Corporation .
- Language Computing: To enable wide proliferation of ICT in Indian languages.
- Outsourcing Skilled Manpower and R&D Thrust: To make India the world's hub for outsourcing skilled manpower in the IT sector.