THE GAZETTE OF INDIA
Part II- Section 3, Sub-Section (i)
PUBLISHED BY AUTHORITY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
(Department of Information Technology)
New Delhi, the 21st November, 2003
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (v) of subsection (2) of section 87 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely
1. Short title and commencement
- These rules may be called the Information Technology (Other powers of Civil Court vested in Cyber Appellate Tribunal) Rules 2003.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires
- "Act" means the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 0f 2000).
- "Cyber Appellate Tribunal" means the Cyber Regulations Appellate Tribunal established under subsection (1) of section 48 of the Act.
- words and expressions used herein and not defined but defined in the Act shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3.Powers of Cyber Appellate Tribunal
The Cyber Appellate Tribunal shall have, for the purposes of discharging its functions under this Act, such other powers as are vested in a civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, while trying a suit, in respect of the following matters, namely
- setting aside any order of dismissal of any application for default or any order passed by it, ex parte.
- requisitioning any public record or document or electronic record, from any office or court.
[F. No: 9(12)/2003-EC]
(S. Lakshminarayanan), Additional Director