The MMP seeks to simplify procedures, introduce electronic delivery of services by regulatory and facilitating organisations, provide 24x7 access to users, increase transparency in procedures, reduce transaction cost and time, and introduce international standards and practices in the area of clearance of export/ import of cargo.
The following organisations have been selected for integrated EDI implementation:
- Airports (7 locations)
- Airlines (20 locations)
- Apparel/Textile export Promotion Councils (24 locations)
- Banks (106 locations) and RBI
- Customs (35 locations)
- Container Corporation of India (CONCOR) (38 locations)
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) (33 locations)
- Export Promotion Organisations, DG Commercial Intelligence/Statistics and Inland Container Depots/ Container Freight Stations (47 locations)
- Indian Railways (1 location) and
- Port Trusts (13 locations)
The services covered under the project are:
- Electronic filing and clearance of export import documents
- e-Payment of custom duties and charges of ports, airports, CONCOR, etc.
- Filing and processing of licences for DGFT
- e-Payment of licence fee for DGFT
- Electronic exchange of documents between community partners such as Customs, ports, airports, DGFT, CONCOR, Banks, etc.
For more information, visit http://commerce.nic.in