The Central Board for Excise and Customs (CBEC) is implementing this MMP with a view to facilitate trade and industry by streamlining and simplifying customs and excise processes, and to create a climate for voluntary compliance.
The project aims to network 20,000 users in 245 cities using wide area network, and equip taxpayers with up-to-date information relating to Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax Laws, etc. over the internet.
Some of the services proposed to be covered in this MMP are:
- Simplification of registration, returns, revenue reconciliation and exports procedures
- Movement towards integration of goods and service taxation
- e-Registration for excise and service tax
- e-Filing of returns and refunds
- Integration of e-filing with system driven, risk-based scrutiny
- Export facilitation through linkages between Excise and Customs
- Improved dispute resolution mechanism
- Monitoring of arrears and their recovery
- Central Excise Revenue reconciliation
For more information, visit http://www.cbec.gov.in/