Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order 2017 (PPP-MII Order 2017) for Electronic Products
The Government has issued Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order 2017 vide the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) Order No.P-45021/2/2017-B.E.-II dated 15.06.2017 and subsequent revisions vide Order No. 45021/2/2017-PP(BE-II) dated 28.05.2018 and 29.05.2019 to encourage ‘Make in India’ and to promote manufacturing and production of goods, services and works in India with a view to enhancing income and employment. This Order is issued pursuant to Rule 153 (iii) of the General Financial Rules 2017. The salient features of the aforesaid Order are as under:
- The Order is applicable for procurement by Ministry/ Department/ attached/ subordinate office of, or autonomous body controlled by, the Government of India and includes Government companies as defined in the Companies Act.
- In procurement of goods in respect of which the Nodal Ministry has communicated that there is sufficient local capacity and local competition, and where the estimated value of procurement is Rs. 50 lakhs or less, only local suppliers shall be eligible.
- If the estimated value of procurement of such goods is more than Rs. 50 lakhs, the provisions of sub-paragraph 3(b) or (c), of the PPPMII Order 2007 as the case may be, shall apply.
- The margin of purchase preference shall be 20%. ‘margin of purchase preference’ means the maximum extent to which the price quoted by a local supplier may be above the L1 for the purpose of purchase preference.
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is the Nodal Ministry for implementation of the Electronic Products Notifications issued in furtherance of PPP-MII Order 2017.
The products notified for providing preference under the PPP-MII Order 2017 by MeitY (vide Notification No. 33(1)/2017-IPHW dated 14.09.2017 and Notification No. 33(5)/2017-IPHW dated 01.08.2018) are as follows:
- Desktop PCs
- Laptop PCs
- Tablet PCs
- Dot Matrix Printers
- Contact Smart Cards and Contactless Smart Cards
- LED Products
- Biometric Access Control/Authentication Devices
- Biometric Finger Print Sensors
- Biometric Iris Sensors and
- Cellular Mobile Phones
Government E-Market Place (GeM) Portal and NICSI, the two major procurement agencies of Government of India, are expected to ensure compliance of the Electronic Products Notification in their procurement. In case of a complaint STQC will be the agency to look into the domestic value addition.
All Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations shall insert the important clauses of PPP-MII Order 2017 in their RFPs/ tenders to conform the PPPMII Order 2017 for procurement of notified electronic products.
For any complaints/ query, pleases send your queries to Mr. Mukul Kumar Yadav (E-mail: mukul[dot]yadav[at]meity[dot]gov[dot]in