Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs (TIDE)
Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) is implementing a scheme titled “Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs (TIDE)”. Initially launched in 2008 the scheme has been revised and extended till March 2017. As per the scheme provision, 27 centres are being supported at academic institutions across India.
TIDE has a multipronged approach in diverse areas of Electronics, ICT and Management. It aims to assist institutions of higher learning to strengthen their Technology Incubation Centers and enable young entrepreneurs to initiate technology startup companies for commercial exploitation of technologies developed by them.
TIDE Incubation Centers provide a gamut of services to new enterprises and facilitate linkages congenial for their survival and growth. The centres network with Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists who provide mentoring and financial support to the startups and enable tenant companies to mature over a period of 2-3 years and ultimately graduate to a commercial place to transact actual business.
DeitY is providing financial and policy support for strengthening technology incubation activities on the premise that this would in the long run result in indigenous development of products and packages in the ICTE sector.
The major objectives of the scheme are:
- Setting up and strengthening Technology Incubation Centres in institutions of higher learning,
- Nurture Technology Entrepreneurship Development for commercial exploitation of technologies developed by them,
- Promoting product oriented research and development,
- Encourage development of indigenous products and packages and bridging the gap between R&D and commercialization.
- Details of Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs(TIDE) Scheme285.33 KB
- List of Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs(TIDE) Centres111.25 KB
- Statewise list of Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs(TIDE) Centres98.81 KB
- Details of Startups6.59 MB
- Capacity Building under TIDE Scheme62.36 KB
- Major Outcomes of TIDE Scheme62.48 KB
Dr. A.K. Garg
Scientist "F" / Director
Innovation & IPR Division
Government of India
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
Electronics Niketan, 6, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
New Delhi – 110 003
Telephone: +91- 11-24364799 (Office)