The following schemes/activities pertaining to Human Resource Development for Electronics and ICT sector have been approved/under implementation / being evolved:-
A- Post Graduate and Doctorate Level
Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics & IT
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India has launched “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT” with an objective to enhance the number of PhDs in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) and IT/IT Enabled Services (IT/ITES) sectors in the country.
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the scheme in 2014 for a period of nine years.
The total estimated cost of the Scheme is Rs. 466 crores (Rupees Four Hundred sixty six crores only)
Salient features of the PhD Scheme are as follows:
- Give thrust to R&D, create an innovative ecosystem and enhance India’s competitiveness in these knowledge intensive sectors.
- To fulfill the commitments made in NPE 2012 and NPIT 2012.
- Support to 1500 PhD Candidates including both Full-Time (500) and Part-Time(1000) in each of ESDM and IT/ITES sectors (Total: 3000 PhDs).
- Support 200 Young Faculty Research Fellowships in the areas of ESDM and IT/ITES with the objective to retain and attract bright young faculty members in these sectors.
- The scheme is also expected to encourage working professionals and non-PhD faculty members to pursue PhD.
a) Full Time PhD Candidates:
- Fellowship : ₹ 31,500 p.m.(revised as ₹ 38,750/- pm w.e.f. 1-4-2019) (I & II yr); ₹ 35,000 (revised as ₹ 43,750/- pm w.e.f. 1-4-2019)(III to V yr);
- Annual Contingency Grant support ₹ 30,000/- per year for consumables etc.
- Reimbursement of Rent for those PhD candidates who are not provided accommodation or choose not to avail the accommodation provided by the institution.
- Support for attending international conferences (1000 supports @ up to ₹ 50,000 per conference)
b) Supported Institutions:
- Infrastructural grant to Academic Institutions for creation/upgrade of laboratories. 50% of the expenditure by the Institutions (upto 5.00 lakh per candidate) for lab equipments.
- Institutional Overheads: ₹. 25000/- p.a. / full time candidate
- Part-time PhD Candidate: One time incentive of ₹ 2,50,000 on completion of the PhD Young Faculty Research Fellowship
- Fellowship @ ₹ 20,000 per month in addition to the regular income
- Annual grant of ₹ 5,00,000 for research expenses and presenting research work, to be granted for a period of up to 5 years.
The duration of scheme would be for a period of five years for the purposes of selecting candidates for support under the scheme. However, the funding would be continued till 9th year for the commitments already made during the scheme period.
- Admin Approval of the PhD Scheme (04/03/2014)449.77 KB
- Amendment to Admin Approval of the PhD Scheme (23/11/2015) 89.46 KB
- Revision in Fellowship under PhD Scheme
For More Details.. https://www.meity.gov.in/phd-scheme)
For further details, kindly refer to the portal of the PhD Scheme: https://phd.dic.gov.in/
B- Graduate level
Scheme of Financial Assistance for setting up of Electronics and ICT Academies
The objective of the above scheme is to set up seven (07) Electronics and ICT Academies as a unit in IITs, IIITs, NITs, etc., for faculty/mentor development/up gradation to improve the employability of the graduates/diploma holders in various streams, through active collaboration of States/UTs with financial assistance from the Central Government. Electronics and ICT Academy would aim to provide specialized training to the faculties of the Engineering, Arts, Commerce & Science colleges, Polytechnics etc, by developing state-of-the-art facilities.
Approval has been accorded for setting up of 07 such regional Academies in NIT Patna, (Bihar), IIITDM Jabalpur, (Madhya Pradesh), NIT Warangal, (Telangana), IIT Guwahati, (Assam), IIT, Kanpur (Uttar Pradsh), IIT, Roorkee (Uttarakhand) and MNIT, Jaipur (Rajasthan). The Ministry has earlier setup two ICT Academies at Tamil Nadu and Kerala respectively.
C- Niche Area
i) FutureSkills PRIME: MeitY in collaboration with SSC-NASSCOM has initiated a programme titled FutureSkills PRIME (Programme for Re-skilling/Up-skilling of IT Manpower for Employability) which has been approved under the Champion Services Sector Scheme (CSSS), Department of Commerce. The programme is aimed at re-skilling/ up-skilling of IT professionals in 10 new/emerging technologies which include Augmented/Virtual Reality, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Additive Manufacturing/ 3D Printing, Cloud Computing, Social & Mobile, Cyber Security and Blockchain.
FutureSkills PRIME Programme is a first of its kind initiative which follows an ‘aggregator of aggregators’ approach for digital skills training on a national scale, with the entire platform being hosted online. Premium content from Indian and global content providers is aggregated on the FutureSkills PRIME portal and made available to candidates, to facilitate any time any where learning, in line with their aptitude and aspirations.
Under the programme IT-ITeS Sector Skills Council (SSC) NASSCOM is the Key Implementing Agency. To strengthen physical and digital connectivity, the existing pan-India presence & skilling capabilities of training providers (SSC NASSCOM, NIELIT, C-DAC etc.) is also leveraged. Towards this, 40 C-DAC/ NIELIT Centres are identified as Lead & Co-Lead Resource Centres (RCs) to institutionalize the blended-learning training programmes in a hub and spoke mode for the 10 emerging technologies.
Click Here for More details.. (https://futureskillsprime.in/)
ii) Information Security Education and Awareness (ISEA) Project
The ISEA Project which is aimed at generation of manpower in the area of Information Security at various levels, train government officials and create mass awareness was completed on 31.3.2014 under which more than 42,000 students were trained in various formal and non-formal course at various academic institutions, NIELIT and CDAC; and more than 500 awareness workshops were conducted throughout the country. A Phase-II of the project has been approved with an outlay of Rs. 96.08 crore to be implemented over a period of 5 years w.e.f. 01.4.2014. Under the ISEA Phase-II, 1.14 lakh persons are proposed to be trained under formal and non-formal courses, faculty training etc. In addition, about 400 Paper publications are expected. The project also aims to provide training to more than 13,000 Government officials and creating mass information security awareness targeted towards Academic users, Government users and General users (approximately 3 crore Internet users in five years through direct and indirect mode).
Click Here for More details..http://www.isea.gov.in/
iii) Special Manpower Development Program for Chips to Systems:is an Umbrella programme initiated under Digital India Program in December 2014 at 60 Academic and Research & Development Institutions spread across the country including IITs, NITs, IISc, IIITs, etc. The project aims to not only develop more than 50,000 Specialized Manpower in the area of VLSI/System Design at B.Tech, M.Tech & Ph.D levels but also to design & develop proof-of-concept Working Prototypes of 15 SoCs/ 70 ASICs/30 FPGA based designs thereby moving up in the value chain by bringing in culture of SoC/ Chip Design in the Country. The main objectives of the Special Manpower Development Program for Chips to System Development are:
- Capacity building in the area of VLSI/ Microelectronics and Chips to System Development
- Broaden the base of ASIC/ IC designing in the country
- Broaden the R&D base of Microelectronics/ Chips to System Design through networked PhD program
- Promote 'Knowledge Exchange Program'
- Protection of Intellectual Property generated
Click Here for More details.. http://smdpc2sd.gov.in/
ii) Capacity building for human resource development in Unmanned Aircraft System (Drone and related Technology): The primary objective of the programme is to leverage collaborative activities in human resource development through capacity building in education and training in the area of Unmanned Aircraft System (Drone and related Technology). Under the project, implementation is being carried out by 30 premium institutions, in a hub-n-spoke mode, comprising 5 Resource Centres; 15 Academic Participating Institutes (PI-Academic); and 10 C-DAC/NIELIT Participating Institutes (PI-C-DAC/NIELIT) Centres. The programme has approved to achieve the following broad objectives:
- To enhance capacity & capabilities of select institutions in identified WTs on Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- To institutionalize a collaborative ecosystem through identified Resource Centres (RCs) and Participating Institutions (PIs) for synergy of capabilities & expertise.
- To foster development of competent human resources at various levels including Post Graduate & Graduate programs, PG Diploma/Certificate programs, Faculty Updation and Master Trainers in niche areas of UAS.
- To promote entrepreneurial mindset and nurture technical talent among the student community through innovative interventions such as Bootcamps and Proof-of Concepts.
- To nurture technical talent and ideation among the student community through IPR generation, Competitions, Workshops / Conferences, etc.
C- Vocational, Skill development level
(i) Two Schemes on Skill Development in ESDM sector have been approved:
(a) ‘Scheme for Financial Assistance to select States/UTs for Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector’
A ‘Scheme for Financial Assistance to Select States/UTs for Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector’ with a target of skilling 90,000 candidates (in five levels) at a total outlay of Rs.113.77 crore with Grant-in-support of Rs. 100.00 crore (approx.) has been approved. Based on the proposals received, an ‘Empowered Committee’ selected the states of Andhra Pradesh (Target: 7,500 in all 5 levels), Telangana (Target: 7,500 in all 5 levels), Jammu & Kashmir (Target: 15,000 in all 5 levels), Karnataka (Target :15,000 in all 5 levels), Kerala (Target: 11,250 - for Level 3, 4, 5 courses only), Punjab (Target: 15,000 in all 5 levels), Uttarakhand (Target: 3750 - for Level 1, 2 courses only) and Uttar Pradesh (Target : 15,000 in all 5 levels). An Expert Committee constituted by the Government to recommend the basket of courses which could be covered under the said scheme had recommended 80 courses 137.55 KB
Administrative Approval of the Scheme484.66 KB
(b) Scheme for ‘Skill Development in ESDM for Digital India’
Under the aegis of ‘Digital India’ programme launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister, the Ministry has approved a Scheme for “Skill Development in ESDM for Digital India” on 09.12.2014 to cover all the States/UTs of the country in order to facilitate creation of an eco-system for development of ESDM sector in the entire country for facilitating skill development for 3,28,000 persons in ESDM sector at an outlay of Rs. 411 crore (approx.). This is in continuation of the above mentioned ‘Scheme for Financial Assistance to select States/UTs for Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector’ approved earlier which is being implemented in 8 states. Both the Schemes are to be implemented concurrently.
- Administrative Approval for implementation of Scheme for ‘Skill Development in ESDM for Digital India’168.48 KB
- Current allotment Status based on check out mechanism for "Scheme for Skill Development in ESDM under Digital India"225.04 KB
- Details of training partners affiliated by Telecom Sector Skills Council (TSSC), February 2015313.65 KB
- Details of training partners affiliated by Electronics Sector Skills Council(ESSC),February 2015348.36 KB
- List of NIELIT Centr
- List of Training partners of NIELIT391.42 KB
- List of State Implementing Agency (SIAs) for “Schemes on Skill Development in ESDM Sector126.76 KB
- Guidelines and Process Flow for implementation of “Scheme for Financial Assistance to select States/UTs for Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector” (Scheme-1) Version 3.0 dated 05.11.2018. 1.64 MB
- Guidelines and Process Flow for implementation of Scheme for Skill Development in ESDM for Digital India (Scheme-2) Version 2.0 dated 05.11.2018.1.71 MB
- List of 80 courses (59 NSQF Compliant Active Courses an 21 non-NSQF non-active courses) 163.88 KB
- Proforma /Format for Claiming Course Fees / Certification Fees etc PDF238.71 KB doc149.5 KB
(ii) Efforts to generate greater participation of Industry through Sector Skill Councils – Electronics, Telecom, IT/ITeS
MeitY is actively associating and supporting the various skill development activities of the following Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) concerning the domains addressed by this Ministry:
- Sector Skill Council: Electronics (http://essc-india.org)
- Sector Skill Council: IT-ITeS
- Sector Skill Council: Telecom (http://www.tsscindia.com)
- Sector Skill Council: Health (for Medical Electronics)
- Sector Skill Council: Automotive (for Automotive Electronics)
The above Sector Skill Councils have taken up various courses for skilling of candidates in their respective domains.
(v) ESDM Skill Development Courses in select 50 CABA-MDTP Centres in five states:
DeitY has approved a project for Skill Development in Electronics Hardware to be implemented jointly by National Council of Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL) and National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology(NIELIT) Chandigarh. NCPUL is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. Under the said project, courses approved by Electronics Sector Skills Council and Telecom Sectors Skills Council will be imparted at 50 select CABA-MDTP Centres of NCPUL in 5 states namely Bihar, Delhi, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir. The project outlay is Rs 23.2 crore and it is proposed to train 10,000 youth in a period of 3 years. The DeitY grant is being used to equip the CABA-MDTP Centres with requisite lab infrastructure required for the purposes of the training. The list of CABA-MDTP Centres where the training is available is attached.
Click Here for More details.. (http://www.urducouncil.nic.in/
D. Work Based Learning (WBL) programme to Strengthen and Empower SC/ST/Women/EWS Graduate Engineers through MeitY Institutions:
WBL is a programme being implemented across the seven (7) organizations of MeitY i.e. CERT-IN, C-DAC, NIELIT, STQC, CMET, ERNET and SAMEER. The main objective of this programme is to provide an opportunity to SC/ST/EWS/Women candidates to acquire Technical Knowledge Expansion, Real-time Working Skills, Technology Use, Problem Solving Skills, Reasoning, Ideation, Analytical Thinking, Interpersonal Skills, etc. in a professional work environment. The constituent organizations of MeitY are technical / scientific organizations and the Implementing Organizations (IO) identified under the programme are working in the areas of niche / emerging technologies and related fields.
E- Grass root level: Scheme for IT Mass Literacy in the Country
The Ministry has approved the following two Schemes for providing Digital Literacy to the masses:
(i) IT Mass Literacy (National Digital Literacy Mission)
In line with the objective of the National Policy on IT, 2012 to make one person e-literate in every household in the country, a scheme for IT Mass Literacy (renamed as National Digital Literacy Mission) was launched with an objective to provide IT training, relevant to the need of the trainee to enable the beneficiaries to use IT and related applications for their livelihood earning and employability with an outlay of Rs. 97.02 crore (Grant-in-aid from MeitY: Rs. 89.71 crore). The training target of 10 lakh persons under this scheme has been achieved in June 2016.
(ii) Scheme for ‘Digital Saksharta Abhiyan’ (DISHA)
This expanded scheme was approved by Government on 9th December, 2014 under ‘Digital India Programme’ with the objective to make additional 42.5 lakh persons digitally literate in a period of four years. The digital literacy target under the DISHA Scheme has been achieved in December 2016.
(iii) “Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan” (PMGDISHA)
The Government has approved a scheme titled “Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA)” to usher in digital literacy in rural India by covering 6 crore rural households (one person per household) by 31.03.2019. This is in line with the announcement made by Hon’ble Finance Minister in the Union Budget 2016-17. To ensure equitable geographical reach, each of the 2,50,000 Gram Panchayats would be expected to register an average of 200-300 candidates.
Special focus of the said Scheme is on training the beneficiaries on use of Electronic Payment System. The outcome measurement criteria would include undertaking at least 5 electronic payments transactions by each beneficiary using UPI (including BHIM app), USSD, PoS, AEPS, Cards, Internet Banking.
The total outlay of the above Scheme is Rs. 2,351.38 Crore (approx.). It is being implemented as a Central Sector Scheme by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology through an implementing agency namely CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, with active collaboration of all the State Governments and UT Administrations.
For more detail visit on https://www.pmgdisha.in/
F- Create skill development facilities in deprived areas through strengthening of National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT)
(i) A project on “Development of North - Eastern Region by enhancing the Training/ Education capacity in the Information, Electronics & Communications Technology (IECT) Area” has been initiated with the following objectives:
(a) Upgrading the six existing centres of the NIELIT in the North-Eastern Region at Guwahati, Imphal, Shillong, Itanagar, Gangtok and Aizwal.; and
(b) Setting up of ten new Extension centres and upgrading two existing Extension centres Fifteen (15) out of proposed Eighteen(18) Centres/Extension Centres are operational as on date. The new seven Extension Centres are imparting training from rented built-up space at Silchar, Jorhat and Kokrajhar in Assam; Pasighat in Arunachal Pradesh; Senapati & Churachandpur in Manipur; and Lunglei in Mizoram. Efforts are being made for allotment/hiring of built-up space for remaining 4 Extension Centres at, Tura (Meghalaya), Dibrugarh (Assam) and Tezu in Arunachal Pradesh. A total of 9774 students were trained so far under the project. Possession of land for construction of permanent campuses has been obtained at 14 locations in Pasighat, Guwahati, Kokrajhar, Jorhat, Tezpur, Dibrugarh, Silchar, Imphal, Senapati, Churachandpur, Aizawl, Lunglei, Gangtok and Chuchuyimlang land is yet to be obtain at Tezu, Tura, Shillong and Itanagar. Three Central PSUs have been appointed as Project Management Consultants (PMCs) for construction of permanent NIELIT Centres & Extension Centres.
(ii) NIELIT is presently offering trainings courses from 16 locations in all eight (08) NE States covering two additional locations at Agartala and Kohima under other funded projects by the MeitY.
(iii) Setting up/ upgradation of NIELIT Centres at Srikakulam, Ladakh Region of Leh, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Ajmer, Chennai, and Ropar is underway
For more detail visit on https://www.pmgdisha.in/