Research & Development Activities of SAMEER
Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER) is an autonomous R&D institution under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. SAMEER is an offshoot of the Microwave Engineering Group of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai. SAMEER was formed in 1984 as an R&D Laboratory of the then Department of Electronics, Government of India and moved to its present location at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in 1988. SAMEER has five centres located at Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Vishakhapatnam and Guwahati. The headquarters of SAMEER is located at IIT Bombay Campus, Mumbai.
While the primary focus of SAMEER is research and development SAMEER is delivering solutions to most advanced and complex mission critical programs of the nation. Many technologies of SAMEER have had societal and economic impacts.
SAMEER is engaged in active research in the broad area of microwaves and undertakes various state-of -the-art and challenging projects.
SAMEER research findings and results are regularly reported in reputed journals and conferences by SAMEER scientists. SAMEER also offers EMI/EMC test and measurement services, calibration services and testing of equipment to safety standards to help the industry in complying its products with various qualification standards. SAMEER also holds workshops and seminars on various topics of interest in the field of microwaves and EMI/EMC for the dissemination of knowledge and information and for creating awareness and laying emphasis on the importance of good design practices.
For more details click here www.sameer.gov.in
- 5G Solutions (Indigenous): As part of this initiative, SAMEER has been instrumental in developing the critical deployable hardware for both sub 6GHz and mmWave 5G solutions.
- Research in Next generation 6G technologies
- Indian defence indigenisation
- mmWave Technologies (Unique lab of mmWave component development)
- MMIC design and Packaging
- Photonics and Quantum communication
- Medical Diagnostics and Treatment Systems
- Linear Accelerator for Cancer Therapy
- Atmospheric Radars
- Microwave heating and drying
- Radar based Instrumentation
- Secured Communication Technologies
- EMP Testing Facilities and Services (Only facility in India)