Perception engineering as an emerging field which focuses on
- Technology developments motivated by the models of perception and cognition of living biological
- systems including human-beings.
- Technology development for analysis and understanding of the human perception and cognition processes.
This field is inter-disciplinary in nature requiring collaboration between engineering scientists, psychologists, neuro-biologists and medical professionals. Cross fertilization of ideas from different fields have the potential to lead to fundamental breakthroughs and innovations.
- Research in the development of algorithms and architectures based upon the models of human perception in applicable areas leading to specific deliverables in:-
- Perception driven Multimedia Conferencing System
- Perceptual Robotics
- Artificial Sensing
- Research for development of tools, techniques and models of human perception and cognition.
- Development of technically competent manpower in the area of Perception Engineering through conventional and continuing education programmes