The National Portal of India is a Mission Mode Project under the National E-Governance Plan being implemented by NIC. The objective behind the Portal is to provide a single window access to the information and services of the Indian Government at all levels from Central Government to State Government to District Administration and Panchayat for the Citizens, Business and Overseas Indians.
An attempt has also been made through this Portal to provide comprehensive, accurate, and reliable and one stop source of information about India and its various facets. The information in the Portal has been well classified into distinct modules, which are also interlinked at relevant places to provide the visitor with a holistic view.
First version of the Portal was launched on 10th November 2005
As a part of the Content Management Strategy, National Portal Coordinators (NPCs) have been nominated from both 66 Central Ministries/Departments and 35 State Government, who are responsible for the content development, compilation and maintenance. A Web Based secured Content Management System (CMS) has been developed to facilitate contribution of content by the NPCs.
- First version of portal has been launched
- National Portal Coordinator identified from 66 Central Ministries/Departments & 35 States/UTs
- English and Hindi version of National Portal of India (NPI) with associated CMS is functional
- ISO Certificate ISO 25051: 2006 Software Engineering & ISO 9126 Certified
- The National Portal of India (English & Hindi) is in Compliance with latest W3C guidelines
- Website Quality Certificate ISO/IEC 23026: 2006
- Currently the Portal is functional in 5 Regional languages i.e. Gujarati, Assamees, Tamil, Oriya & Bengali.
National Portal Secretariat
3rd Floor, National Informatics Centre
A-Block, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003, India
For more details visit-: https://www.india.gov.in/