HRD activities of MeitY are targeted to ensure availability of trained human resources for the manufacturing & service sectors of electronics and IT industry. Initiatives include identifying gaps emerging from the formal sector and planning programmes in non-formal and formal sectors for meeting these gaps. This includes Skill Development in the domain of Electronics & IT and related areas. In the succeeding sections, brief details about various ongoing initiatives including skill development and indicative list of major Schemes/Projects are presented.
The Skill Development activities of the Ministry are primarily being taken up by its two autonomous societies viz. National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) and Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC). In addition, the various organizations / attached offices under the Ministry viz. ERNET India, Media Lab Asia, CSC E-Governance Services India Limited, STQC, NIC etc. are also engaged in training of various stakeholders in small numbers.
The following schemes/activities pertaining to Human Resource Development for Electronics and ICT sector have been approved/under implementation / being evolved:-
- Post Graduate and Doctorate Level:
Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT: This scheme provides support for 3000PhDs(1000 Full Time & 2000 part Time), to promote innovation and development of new products in IT/ITES and ESDM sectors.
- Graduate level:
Scheme of Financial Assistance for setting up of Electronics and ICT Academies: Under this scheme 07(Seven) E&ICT Academies have been setup for faculty/mentor development/up gradation to improve the employability of the graduates/diploma holders.
- Niche Area: The following project have been approved/under implementation
- FutureSkills ‘PRIME’: FutureSkills PRIME (Programme for Re-skilling/Up-skilling of IT Manpower for Employability), is a joint initiative by MeitY and NASSCOM which aims to create a re-skilling/up-skilling ecosystem for B2C in emerging and futuristic technologies. The programme is envisaged to provide re-skilling/ up-skilling opportunities in 10 Emerging Technologies – Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Additive Manufacturing/ 3D Printing, Cloud Computing, Social & Mobile, Cyber Security and Block chain
- Information Security Education and Awareness (ISEA) Project: This project aims at capacity building in Information Security, training of Government personnel and creation of mass Information Security awareness.
- Special Manpower Development Program for Chips to System Design (SMDP-C2SD): Special Manpower Development Program for Chips to System Design (SMDP-C2SD) is an Umbrella programme initiated under Digital India Program in December 2014 at 60 Academic and Research & Development Institutions spread across the country including IITs, NITs, IISc, IIITs, etc. The project aims to not only develop more than 50,000 Specialized Manpower in the area of VLSI/System Design at B.Tech, M.Tech & Ph.D levels but also to design & develop proof-of-concept Working Prototypes of 15 SoCs/ 70 ASICs/30 FPGA based designs thereby moving up in the value chain by bringing in culture of SoC/ Chip Design in the Country.
- Capacity building for human resource development in Unmanned Aircraft System (Drone and related Technology): The primary objective of the programme is to leverage collaborative activities in human resource development through capacity building in education and training in the area of Unmanned Aircraft System (Drone and related Technology). Under the project, implementation is being carried out by 30 premium institutions, in a hub-n-spoke mode, comprising 5 Resource Centres; 15 Academic Participating Institutes (PI-Academic); and 10 C-DAC/NIELIT Participating Institutes (PI-C-DAC/NIELIT) Centres.
- Vocational, Skill development level:
The Government has approved following two schemes for Skill Development in ESDM Sector to facilitate creation of an eco-system for development of ESDM Sector in the entire country.
- “Scheme for Financial Assistance to select States/UTs for Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector” (Scheme-1) and
- “Skill Development in ESDM for Digital India” (Scheme-2)
- Work Based Learning (WBL) programme to Strengthen and Empower SC/ST/Women/EWS Graduate Engineers through MeitY Institutions: WBL is a programme being implemented across the seven (7) organizations of MeitY i.e. CERT-IN, C-DAC, NIELIT, STQC, CMET, ERNET and SAMEER. The main objective of this programme is to provide an opportunity to SC/ST/EWS/Women candidates to acquire Technical Knowledge Expansion, Real-time Working Skills, Technology Use, Problem Solving Skills, Reasoning, Ideation, Analytical Thinking, Interpersonal Skills, etc. in a professional work environment.
- Grass root level : Scheme for Digital Literacy: Digital Literacy to the masses in the Country: Under two schemes viz. NDLM and DISHA a total of 53.7 lakhs person were trained & certified in Digital Literacy. The Government has approved a new scheme titled “Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA)” to usher in digital literacy in rural India by covering 6 crore rural households.
- Create skill development facilities in deprived areas through strengthening of National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT): The objective of the project is to Upgrade & newly setting up of 18 NIELIT Centres/extension centres for imparting training in various Electronics & ICT courses in North East region.
- Efforts to generate greater participation of Industry through Sector Skill Councils – Electronics, Telecom, IT/ITeS.
- MedSIM 2.0: Online Skills Lab and Virtual Patient Cases: Key objectives of the MedSIM (2.0) (http://medsim.in) is to design and develop Preclinical and Paraclinical Online Skills Lab, develop New Virtual Patient Case Simulations to cover the entire MBBS curriculum, Aligned with MBBS Regulations 2020, National Medical Commission, enhance existing MedSIM (1.0) platform with Authoring tool, Learning Analytics, Assessment & Feedback and training of 5,000 medical students and 1,000 medical faculty from 500 medical colleges.
For further details please contact the following : Serial Number Name and Designation of the Officer Telephone Number Fax Number
Shri Bhuvnesh Kumar,
Shri Anil Kumar Pipal,
Scientist ‘G’ & HoD
Shri Sanjay Kumar Vyas,
Shri Surendra Singh,
Shri Shankar Das,
Shri Dinesh Kumar Sagar,