Districts are the de facto front-end of government where most Government-to-Consumer or G2C interaction takes place. The eDistrict project was conceptualized to improve this experience and enhance the efficiencies of the various Departments at the district-level to enable seamless service delivery to the citizen. The Project aims to target certain high-volume services currently not covered by any MMP under the NeGP and to undertake backend computerization to enable the delivery of these services through common Services centrers.
The Scheme for the National Rollout of the e-District MMP was approved with a financial outlay of Rs 1663.08 Crores, out of which Government of India’s share is estimated to be Rs 1233.08 Crores and States’ share Rs 430 Crores over a period of 4 years. Approval on the eDistrict MMP has been obtained on 20th April 2011. The current status of the MMP is indicated under Services Portfolio and Launch Status #
# - No funding GIA is available under this MMP, due to devolution guidelines issued by the MoF/DoE
- Certificates: Creation and distribution of certificates for income, domicile, caste, Birth, Death etc.
- Licences: Arms Licenses etc.
- Public Distribution System (PDS): Issue of Ration Card, etc.
- Social Welfare Schemes: Disbursement of old-age pensions, family pensions, widow pensions, etc.
- Complaints: Related to unfair prices, absentee teachers, non-availability of doctor, etc.
- RTI: Online filing and receipt of information relating to the Right to Information Act
- Linking with other e government projects: Registration, Land Records, and Driving Licences, etc.
- Information Dissemination: About government schemes, entitlements, etc.
- Assessment of taxes: Property tax, and other government taxes.
- Utility Payment: Payments relating to electricity, water bills property taxes etc.
Services Portfolio and Launch Status
BPR | FRS | GOs | Important Links | Scheduled Events | FAQ