Common Services Centres
The CSC is a strategic cornerstone of the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), approved by the Government in May 2006, as part of its commitment in the National Common Minimum Programme to introduce e-governance on a massive scale.
The CSCs would provide high quality and cost-effective video, voice and data content and services, in the areas of e-governance, education, health, telemedicine, entertainment as well as other private services. A highlight of the CSCs is that it will offer web-enabled e-governance services in rural areas, including application forms, certificates, and utility payments such as electricity, telephone and water bills.In addition to the universe of G2C services, the CSC Guidelines envisage a wide variety of content and services that could be offered as listed below:
- Agriculture Services (Agriculture, Horticulture, Sericulture, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Veterinary)
- Education & Training Services (School, College, Vocational Education, Employment, etc.)
- Health Services (Telemedicine, Health Check-ups, Medicines)
- Rural Banking & Insurance Services (Micro-credit, Loans, Insurance)
- Entertainment Services (Movies, Television)
- Utility Services (Bill Payments, Online bookings)
- Commercial Services (DTP, Printing, Internet Browsing, Village level BPO).
The Scheme creates a conducive environment for the private sector and NGOs to play an active role in implementation of the CSC Scheme, thereby becoming a partner of the government in development of rural India. The PPP model of the CSC scheme envisages a 3-tier structure consisting of the CSC operator (called Village Level Entrepreneur or VLE); the Service Centre Agency (SCA), that will be responsible for a division of 500-1000 CSCs; and a State Designated Agency (SDA) identified by the State Government responsible for managing the implementation in the entire State.
CSC Online Monitoring Tool
The four key applications developed and currently implemented which form part of the CSC monitoring solution include:
- CSC SMART Solution: This application tracks CSC roll out progress at block level up to the stage CSCs are finally commissioned. The application tracks CSCs over stages, such as selection of SCAs, selection of CSC locations, identification of VLEs, setting up IT infrastructure, Internet connectivity, commissioning, final certification of CSCs, the system also tracks status of BSNL connectivity at various CSC and provides useful performance information of CSCs. http://www.csc.gov.in
- CSC Online Monitoring Solution: Post CSCs are commissioned; the online monitoring tool helps in registration of CSC IT terminals and tracks uptime of IT terminals. Each CSC PC is required to install and register online monitoring tool. The online registration process serves a proof of availability of CSC IT terminals as validated by their unique machine ID (Mac ID) and internet availability for delivering digital services.
- CSC Online Dashboard: This tool provides executive MIS on registration and uptime status of CSCs on Pan India basis and tracks the performance of CSCs, SCAs and States based on uptime logs generated and disseminated by the online monitoring tool.
- CSC Connect: CSC Connect is a facility available to various Service Access Provider (SAP) Portals to allow CSCs to login into their portals using their unique CSC ID / password combination defined under CSC Online Monitoring System. This facility would save CSC the trouble of registering their profiles and remembering their IDs and password with multiple SAPs. The CSC Connect mechanism would make it possible for CSCs using their unique CSC ID / Password to gain access to the SAP Portal and will also help DIT to measure the usage of services of various SAP sites at various CSCs.
The solution currently serves the following purpose
- Provides unique identification of a CSC based on their geography
- Maintains a centralized database of CSCs, VLE with their addresses, email and contact details.
- Enables online registration status of CSCs
- Reckons uptime performance of CSCs which have been registered online on a daily basis
- Maintains uptime Performance of a CSC, SCA and States based on CSC performance in their respective territories
- Provides role based access to all the stakeholders based on their privilege geographic usage
- Provides single waterfall view of CSCs from Pan India-State- District-Block to the ultimate CSC
- Enables recording of BSNL connectivity status at each of the CSCs
For more information on CSC’s, Click here
Impact Assessment Reports
- CSC Scheme-NeGP-Project Completion Report Template
- IMRB-DIT Mid Term CSC Assessment Detailed Report-Oct 2010
- Impact Assessment Report for CSC by ITU-May 20132.35 MB
- CSC Final Report CIPS - Submitted to Deity-27 March 2014 (Impact Assessment)3.93 MB
- Executive Summary - Report submitted by CIPS on Impact Assessment on CSC
Implementation Guidelines & Advisories of CSC Scheme under NeGP
- CSC Guidelines May 2007 under NeGP
- Ancillary Guidelines on CSC under NeGP dated 03-08-2012 (after 10th EC meeting)
- Advisory dated 31.12.2013 to the Secretary (IT) All States and UT Admin for mobile CSCs under NeGP (after 11th EC meeting)
- Advisory for DeGS involvement of DeGS in CSC Scheme under NeGP dated 27-01-2015
Title: CSC Scheme::Correspondences with State Governments / UT Administrations
- DO Letter from JS egov, MeitY to State IT Secretaries regarding closure CSC-VSAT project 22.11.2016 7.23 MB
- DO letter from JS(eGov), MeitY to State IT Seccretaries dated 12.05.2017-closure CSC Scheme under NeGP4.49 MB
- MOM of PRSG CSC-VSAT Project held on 19th May 20177.37 MB
Implementation Guidelines & Advisories of CSC-2.0 Project409.5 KB
Minutes of VC Meeting for identification of e-Services under CSC2.0 Project
- Records of Discussion (RoD) held on 10th July, 2019121.64 KB
- Records of Discussion (RoD) held on 30th May, 2019122.29 KB
- Minutes of Meeting eDistrict & CSC VC Meeting dated 21st May,2019132.22 KB
- Minutes of Meeting eDistrict & CSC VC Meeting dated 7th May,2019135.6 KB
- Minutes of Meeting eDistrict & CSC VC Meeting dated 1st May,2019185.57 KB
- Minutes of Meeting eDistrict & CSC VC Meeting dated 24th April,20194.36 MB