Highlights of Achievements during the last 5 years
1. Licensed five new Certifying Authorities (CAs) during the period and seven CAs were renewed licence to issue Digital signature Certificates (DSC) to subscribers.
2. The framework for eSign online signature service has been established by introducing new authentication scheme in the second schedule of IT Act 2000.
3. CCA guidelines viz. Identity Verification Guidelines (IVG), Inter-Operability Guidelines (IOG), e-Authentication guidelines for eSign was developed and subsequently reviewed and updated from time to time.
4. The online electronic service eSign was started in July 2015. Seven CAs have been empanelled as eSign Service Providers (ESP) to provide online electronic signature service to subscribers.
5. The total number of Digital Signature Certificates (DSCs) issued by all licensed CAs during the last 5 years is more than 2.15 Crore.
6. The total number of eSign (online electronic signatures) issued is more than 9.30 Crore by all licensed ESPs/CAs during the last 5 years.
7. More than 35 PKI Workshops/Seminars were conducted in various States/UTs and a total number of 11,000 participants attended the workshop.
8. The Time Stamp Service (TSS) was launched by CAs from December 2014.
9. The Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) service was started from October 2017.
10. New set of Auditors to audit physical & technical infrastructure of Certifying Authorities was empanelled and the list was published on CCA’s website.
11. Developed an enabling framework for issuance of DCS by licensed CAs in a paperless mode in 2019.
12. Digital Locker Authority (DLA) website was launched in Jan 2017. Various framework documents were prepared for licensing Digital Locker Service Providers (DLSPs) and empanelling Third Party Repositories. Workshops were held for the benefit of potential DLSPs & Repositories.